Friday 15 July 2016

FAVOURITES FROM THE WEEK

Hello Everyone and Happy Friday! For today's post i thought i would do something a little different, by sharing with you some of my favourite products, that i have been reaching for this week and also from the previous weekend. I have also been testing out a couple of new products, as well as some older favourites...

1. HAIR PRODUCTS.


COLAB Active Dry Shampoo -
I have been trying this new dry shampoo by Colab for a few weeks now. If you have read a lot of my posts previously, you will already know that i absolutely love the Rio fragrance from the same range. I thought that was pretty unbeatable but this one in particular is amazing and it comes in handy more than the usual dry shampoo, during the summer months. It helps protect your hair from the sun, pollution, as well as conditioning. This retails for £3.99 and you can pick it up from your local Superdrug or at Feel Unique online.

Palmer's Coconut Oil Formula Strengthening Leave-in Conditioner -
I always like to use some sort of leave-in conditioner once i have washed my hair, which is about three times a week. Whilst i was shopping in Superdrug and browsing the shampoo/conditioner aisle, this one in particular caught my eye. I have never tried anything hair wise before from Palmer's but i use the face oil and body lotion every single day. This leave-in conditioner is perfect for my hair type, as my hair can get super tangled and frizzy (which i hate) but using products like this help me out so much and as a bonus this smells amazing like coconut. This retails for £4.99 and is available at Superdrug and also Feel Unique online.

2. SKINCARE PRODUCTS.


L'Oreal Paris Pure Clay Detox Mask & Glow Mask -
This week i have been trying out these new face masks by L'Oreal and in all honesty so far these are my favourite face masks i have ever used. My favourite way to use them is as a multi-masking method, i apply the Detox Mask on more of the bottom area of my face so my chin and also my nose. Applying this specific one to these areas really help with drawing out any impurities (break-outs/blackheads) for clearer/fresher skin. Then on the rest of my face i apply the Glow Mask which helps to brighten and exfoliate the skin. These masks usually retail for £7.99 but they are on introductory price currently for £5 at Boots in-store and online.

3. BRONZER AS EYESHADOW.


Makeup Revolution Sculpt & Contour Palette in the shade Light/Medium -
So this week i have pretty much just been reaching for bronzer as an eyeshadow, for a quick and effortless eyeshadow look and also bronze/neutral eyes are my favourite kind anyway. I shared this one in my most recent haul post and i have rarely put it down since i got it, i place the bronze shade in the crease as a transitional colour, then the bronze blush shade on the lids and then the highlight shade on the brow bone and inner corners for a brightening effect. This palette like pretty much anything else Makeup Revolution is super pigmented and affordable, this palette retails for £3.50, which is a complete bargain.

ARTDECO Here Comes The Sun Bronzer in the shade 04 -
I have been using this bronzer to bronze up my face every single day this week, as it is such a pretty natural bronze shade. This is also great for doubling up as a transition colour or simply all over the eyes and blended out. I am not 100% sure but i do believe this product was limited edition from a summer collection and i think it retailed for around the £20 mark or just over. 

4. CREME HIGHLIGHTER PENS.


Estée Lauder Genuine Glow Eyelighting Creme for Eyes and Face in the shades 01 Gleam Glow, 
02 Bare Blush & 03 Sweetest Thing -
I mentioned these over on my instagram a couple of weeks ago (@imkatiee_) and these are a new product from Estée Lauder. They are illuminating pens which you twist in order for the product to come out and they can be used either as an eyeshadow/base and as a highlighter on the cheeks. As the name suggests it is in fact a cream product, which i have really been into lately (including some cream contouring) and the applicator to these really reminds me of the Maybelline Instant Anti-Age Rewind concealer. These retail for £16 and are available at Debenhams in-store and online, as well as online at Feel Unique.  

No comments:

Post a Comment