Friday 20 January 2017

EVERYDAY MAKEUP IN JANUARY: FACE FOCUSED

Hello everyone! So for today's post, i thought i would share the everyday makeup products i have been reaching for in the month of January. This month i have been focusing a lot more of base application over a strong eye/lip look, which i have been keeping pretty simple and neutral (just the usual bronze eye and nude lip combination).


So once i have done my usual morning skincare routine, i will firstly apply some strobe cream by mac and i have been obsessed with this as a primer. It gives you the most beautiful yet natural luminous glow to the skin, a perfect prep for anything applied on top as it is super lightweight. 

This was probably my most used foundation last year and still is right now, i just love everything about it from it's coverage, to shade match and how long lasting it is. My shade is 220 at the moment as i am back to using the fake tan, after a mini break and i like to apply this using a dampened beauty blender for a natural yet flawless finish.

Remember back in Monday's post, when i said i had another amazing way of using this oil? Well i have been obsessed with adding in a drop of this to my foundation, it gives the most beautiful finish to the skin and i also feel like it makes it look freshly applied for longer. 
  
This was hands down my favourite concealer of 2016, as i can't get enough of the finish of it. It is super hydrating, radiant and also brightening, pretty much everything you want in a concealer used to highlight the face. I have also been reaching for the new l'oreal infallible total cover concealer palette, which i am really liking also so i'll switch between the two.

This concealer is amazing if you want to control the amount of coverage, such as cancelling out an imperfection or brightening any dark areas. Although my personal favourite way to use this concealer and the way i use it religiously with which is to sharpen/clean up under my brows.

makeup revolution luxury banana powder
I have been using this to set my under-eye area for just over a month now and i am completely obsessed with how brightening and the almost airbrush-like finish it leaves. I definitely prefer this to my nyx hd banana powder now, i don't know whether it is simply because i am more into loose powder over pressed powders recently.

I still can't believe how amazing this powder is, i never thought i could be this obsessed over a setting powder but i clearly am. It is super finely milled, sets any product into place and gives this almost air-brushed finish to the skin. I also love the way it doesn't change the colour of you foundation/concealer like a lot of other powders.


I picked this up at the beginning of the month on beautybay, as it would of been silly not to take up the offer. You basically get two palettes by PUR cosmetics, one eye palette and one cheek palette for only £13.50 what a bargain! I have been using the shade trance to bronze/contour the face and the shade wish as a blush.

If you have read my posts for a while now, you will know this is my favourite highlighter ever and i can never get enough of it. It the most beautiful bronze/rose gold blinding glow but this month i have been taking it that one step further and applying another highlighter along side it.

Finally we have the highlight shade that i am addicted to using along side the jouer topaz highlighter, i just feel the two go so well together and makes your skin look super glowy/luminous. I like to apply both of the products with a fan brush on the high points of my cheek bones, cupids bow, tip of my nose and the inner corners.

No comments:

Post a Comment