Friday 20 May 2016

FOUNDATION REVIEW WEEK: MAYBELLINE FIT ME MATTE + PORELESS FOUNDATION FIRST IMPRESSION

Hello everyone and welcome to the final part of my little foundation review week series! This week i have enjoyed sharing with you my thoughts and opinions on different foundations. Personally i love reading these types of posts, as they can be super helpful before biting the bullet and buying a product. So for this final part i thought i would share my first impressions on a foundation that has been around for a little while in the states but it has just landed over here in the UK, yes you got it it's the Maybelline Fit Me Matte + Poreless Foundation...


So this is the packaging for the foundation, the UK version of the packaging is completely different to the one from the US, as that is in a pump-less glass bottle and this is in a squeeze out tube. This foundation is available at Superdrug and Boots in the UK and it retails for £5.99, which is more affordable than usual drugstore foundations. The foundation comes in 6 different shades: ivory, classic ivory, natural ivory, natural beige, buff beige, natural buff and it doesn't claim to have any SPF in the formula.
(I have the shade 220 which is natural beige)


The foundation consists of 30ml which is the usual amount for a foundation. It is a liquid foundation designed for normal to oily skin types. It claims it mattifies and refines pores with blurring micro-powders for poreless looking skin. It also claims to match skin tones and texture for a natural, seamless finish. 


Moving on to the actual application and my first impression about this foundation. Just like the L'Oreal Nude Magique Cushion foundation i decided to test application by using two different methods, a miracle complexion sponge and then a buffer face brush. By personal preference i preferred dotting some product around my face and then blending it out with the sponge and that way it left me with the most flawless base. I would definitely say this foundation has a medium coverage but it is very easily build able, personally i don't feel as if it is a fully matte finish foundation it looked more of a velvet finish which makes me love it. The feeling once on the skin is super lightweight i didn't feel like i was wearing foundation, even though i built it up to a full coverage. All products applied on top applied beautifully and didn't slide around or look patchy. Moving on to staying power i first applied this around the same time as the last review post, so it was on for a good 11 hours or more. I didn't touch up at all during the day, at the end of the day all that had changed from when i first applied it was a little bit of shine on my chin. I literally couldn't believe how it has lasted it didn't break up, transfer or budge basically. So as you can probably tell by my opinions already that this foundation has a huge thumbs up from me, i just don't have a bad word for it and i will no doubt be reaching for it quite a lot.

1 comment:

  1. I don't understand why the didn't claim about spf in this product
    even I have read the ingredients and it has titanium oxide?

    ReplyDelete