Sunday 10 July 2016

DRUGSTORE WEEK: MY FAVOURITE REAL TECHNIQUES BRUSHES

Hello Everyone and welcome to the final instalment in my "drugstore week" series of posts! For today's post i thought i would share with you my favourite/go-to brushes by the brand Real Techniques. This brand of brushes is loved by so many and once you have given them a go you will see why, they are simply like nothing else! I have been using this brand of brushes for so many years now, so i have discovered some firm favourites over that period of time and i honestly think for the quality of the brushes the pricing is amazing...


Buffing Brush -
This brush is part of their "core collection" set, which i actually have a couple of as they are such amazing sets as they include a rounded contour brush, a pointed flat foundation brush which is great for applying cream highlight/concealer under the eyes, a multi-purpose detail brush and then the buffing brush perfect for a full coverage finish to your foundation or mineral makeup.

Sculpting Brush -
This brush has taken over from my buffing brush just recently, when i opt for a brush that is to apply my foundation. It is also good for apply cream contour products as it is flat but it has that perfect angle to it. This specific one i got included with the Collectors Edition Sculpting set, which contains three different brushes all favourites of mine and also going to be including in this post.

Shading Brush -
This is another brush that i also have a couple of, as it is in fact my holy grail brush for using to apply shadow to my lower lash line. I believe i got one of them in the eye starter set and then i bought the other one just by itself. This brush always picks up maximum colour pay off and blends out effortlessly, which lets face it that's what we all want in a brush.

Setting Brush -
I also own a couple of these brushes also as i love using them for two different purposes, one being setting my under-eye area with powder and the second one for highlighter as it gives you a lot of control and it's just the perfect shape for doing both of those jobs well. The two setting brushes i own are in different pink styles as they were from different collection sets.

301 Flat Contour Brush -
This brush is from the Bold Metal's collection, so it is more on the pricey side but it is simply a stunning brush rose gold packaging and all. As this brush is quite dense you can get more of a precise contour with it but to say it is dense, the brush is still super soft and just glides/blends so effortlessly. If you are looking for a good luxury feeling flat contour brush then i definitely recommend giving this one ago, they retail for around the £22 mark.   


Fan Brush -
Fan brushes were always those brushes that you got in a set and was like why would i even bother using that brush for anything, but trust me they are a highly underrated shape of brush. A fan brush is the style a brush for you if you want to simply have highlight goals, they literally do all the work for you so effortlessly and pack on that highlight. I do believe this brush is only available in the Collectors Edition brush set and not by itself, but every brush in that set is totally worth it.

Duo-Fibre Face Brush -
This brush is my new favourite bronzer brush, i just can't stop reaching for it. I had been looking online at different duo-fibre face brushes for bronzer and was still unsure what to go for, my sister must of known this as she got me the Limited Edition Duo-Fibre set for my birthday. I just love how super natural this applies product to the face and blends out so fast.

Multi-Task Brush -
This is another one of those brushes a own a couple of from different sets/etc and it is probably one of my most used out of all of the brushes for face products. I love this to apply bronzer/face powder/sometimes blush, all depending on what i am feeling that day but like it says it is the multi-task brush so it is designed to be perfect for so many different ways of application. If i am right about this i am sure this is only available in sets, don't hold me to that 100% though, although when i looked online i couldn't find it on its own. 

Duo-Fibre Contour Brush -
This is another brush i love from the Limited Edition Duo-Fibre set and it is perfect if you are wanting to achieve that subtle contour look. I have also found it is good for applying cream contour with as well, as it does a lot of the blending for you and doesn't look harsh. It is that perfect contour shade without being too flat, as it does have a slight roundness to it still.  

2 comments:

  1. I love RT brushes! They're such great value for money - just wish they would sell the buffing brush separately to the set! Although if Boots puts the Core Collection on Summer Sizzler again for half price I will definitely pick a few more up :) Great post x

    Liv | Ramblings of a Makeup Lover

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm obsessed with real techniques brushes too- they make up most of my collection! I didn't realise that they did a fan brush though, I'm going to have to pick that up now!! x

    http://monochromeroses.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete