Friday 5 August 2016

WEEKEND MANICURE

Hello Everyone and Happy Friday! Most of the time i do my weekly mani on a Sunday, but just recently i have been switching things up and doing it on either a Thursday or a Friday. Saying that for today's post i thought i would share with you this weekends manicure, as i haven't done a nail post in the longest time and also i am obsessed with this particular nail colour. I also thought i would share with you some of my go-to manicure products...


SALTED COCONUT HAND SCRUB - £7.95 LUSH
This is a product i have mentioned a few times in the past, as it is such a handy product to have if you suffer from dry hands. So when it comes to starting my manicure, i firstly like to apply some of this to my hands exfoliating them and concentrating on the skin around my nails before rinsing away.


WAH LONDON CUTICLE NIPPER - £10 BOOTS/ASOS
Once i have exfoliated my hands and whilst my skin is still soft from having them in water, i like to use these WAH London cuticle nippers to cut away and tidy my cuticle area. This part i have to get my sister to give me a hand as i am terrible at doing it myself, i don't know if that has anything to do with being a lefty or what but i just can't get the hang of it.

NAIL FILE SET - £3.50 TOPSHOP
Next up is filing/shaping my nails. My nails grow in the weirdest way where they are rounded in the middle yet grow square on the outside, so i always have to shape them rounded to make them look a lot more presentable and an even shape. I always use an emery board style nail fail, as they are just the type that work best for me.

ESSIE APRICOT CARE CUTICLE OIL - £8.99 BOOTS
Once i have done those two things, i like to apply some cuticle oil and this one by Essie is amazing. This product adds the moisture back into your cuticles and helps them stay hydrated, for softer feeling cuticles for longer. I know there are so many different types available for a lot less expensive but honestly a little of this goes a long way and does the job so well.

BARRY M IRON MANI ULTIMATE NAIL HARDENER - £3.99 SUPERDRUG
Just for that extra step afterwards i like to apply some of this nail strengthener by Barry M, which sometimes i will just use as a base coat if i am painting them straight away. This is an amazing affordable product if you are wanting to strengthen your nails, if they are simply just prone to breaking or if you have had nail extensions for a while and your natural nails have become weak.


SMOOTH BASE PROTECTIVE RIDGE FILLER - £4.90 KIKO 
As i didn't get around to painting my nails until a few hours later, i did go ahead and apply a base coat and this is my one of choice at the moment. If you wanted a really natural colour to your nails, you could even just apply this and leave it at that as it is a sheer nude shade. 

BARRY BOOTS LIMITED EDITION NAIL PAINT - £3.99 BOOTS
Moving on to the main attraction of the post and it is this gorgeous nail paint by Barry M, which is in fact limited edition to Boots only. This particular shade is called Beachy Keen and it is the most beautiful creme tan/nude shade. This polish applies very similar to the coconut infusion range, which goes on super smooth and the finish is super shiny even before a top coat.

ESSIE GEL COUTURE TOP COAT - £9.99 BOOTS
Finally moving on to the last product, to complete the manicure and that is applying a top coat. I can't describe to you how amazing this top coat is, even applied with a different brand of polish other than the specific Essie Gel Couture nail colours (which i also love). This top coat allows my nail polish to stay on chip free all week long, stays super shiny without dulling as the days pass and it doesn't dry bubbly like some top coats can.


So this is what the manicure looks like once completed, i honestly can't get over how stunning this colour is and i 100% need to pick up the other limited edition shade before they are all gone. I hope you have all enjoyed this weeks set of posts and i will be back Monday with an all new post!



No comments:

Post a Comment