Wednesday 3 August 2016

MAKEUP PRODUCT SWITCH UP: THE AUGUST EDITION

Hello Everyone! Sometimes we can get stuck into a routine of just reaching for the same products all the time and then all of your other products just get stuck at the back of your collection. Seeing as we are in a new month now, i thought i would get myself organised and designate a drawer in my muji storage to store new/those products that have been pushed to the back. My plan is to do this at the start of every single month, switching up the products each time. I will then share the products i decide to choose and share my opinion/first impression also...


So these are the products i decided to put into my designated drawer, the drawers sit on my dressing table so they are always within sight and i am less likely to forget they are in there.


MAYBELLINE THE COLOSSAL VOLUME EXPRESS MASCARA -
I decided it was about time i switched up my daily mascara, as for the past two months i have been reaching for the L'Oreal Mega Volume Miss Hippie one and it is almost all gone/dried up. This particular version is special packaging from the GO RIO collection, some people don't like this mascara but like any other Maybelline mascara i like it. The only thing i would say about this mascara is you do have to build it up a lot more, than you normally would.

L'OREAL PARIS MONO EYESHADOW IN THE SHADE GOLD MANIA - 
Seeing as we are in August now and pretty much the last full month of summer, so i am hanging onto the gold/bronze shades for as long as i can (as they are my favourites). I love these mono eyeshadows from L'Oreal and i reach for the shade Little Beige Dress all the time for my inner corner highlight. I think this shade Gold Mania is simply beautiful and i don't reach for it enough, these shadows are crazy pigmented and easy to blend.

MAC PIGMENT IN THE SHADE TAN -
Like i said it is the last full month of summer, so i had to bring out my favourite pigment of all time and that is the shade Tan. Tan is the most gorgeous muted rose/brown bronze shade, i love wearing this all over the lids with a matte transition shade in the crease.

MAYBELLINE MASTER DRAMA THE NUDES IN THE SHADE BROWNIE GLITZ -
If you have read i bunch of my posts recently, you will already know i am obsessed with this eyeliner and i am just not ready to switch it out yet. This is the most beautiful bronze eyeliner pencil, that is easy to blend/smoke out and once set it doesn't budge which is perfect for me as i always get really watery eyes.


NYX HD CONCEALER IN THE SHADE YELLOW -
I have been on the hunt for this yellow concealer by NYX for the longest time, as well as the HD pressed powder in the shade Banana but that is forever sold out. Yellow is amazing for brightening the under eye area, just that bit further than just using a normal concealer does. My favourite way to use this is to apply it in a triangle shape under my eyes, before applying my normal concealer on top in the same way and blending out with the beauty blender.

MAC SELECT COVER-UP CONCEALER IN THE SHADE NW15 -
I only seem to reach for this concealer from time to time, so i want to make the effort to reach for it more. This particular concealer is a lot more natural/lighter coverage similar to the face & body foundation from MAC also, this is also great for covering/disguising any breakouts but i would just prefer to use it under my eyes.


PRIMARK LIP LINER PENCILS -
Finally we have these bargain lip liners from Primark. I originally just picked up one shade as i really wasn't expecting much as they are only £1 each. When i did give it a go i was so shocked at how amazing they really were, so the next time i went near a Primark store i had to pick up some more shades. From top-bottom the shades are: wine, nude/peach, brown, berry and nude.






No comments:

Post a Comment