Monday 20 February 2017

MY GO-TO PRODUCTS FOR SLEEK STRAIGHT HAIR

Hello everyone! It has been the longest time since i shared any form of hair-care routine/the products that i reach for on a regular basis. With that in mind i thought why not share with you my current go-to products that i use to achieve super sleek straight hair, which is how i usually wear my hair about 4 to 5 times a week (my natural hair is frizzy/wavy/curly and not the nice kind of curls). The other days when my hair isn't co-operating or it needs to be washed, i will use a curling wand to create nice waves/curls.


So naturally you have to begin with shampoo and conditioner, to give your hair a good cleanse and remove any product build up aka the masses of dry shampoo we put into our hair ha. I recently switched to using this particular shampoo/condition combination, after using ones from OGX for a while and i am really enjoying using them. If you are like me and you suffer from dry hair, then this will restore all hydration from the first use.

So once i am out of the shower, i will let my hair sit in a towel for around 10 minutes before moving on-to anything else. When that time has passed, i will apply a small amount of this argan oil to the length/ends of my hair and this is probably the key product i use to keep all frizz away. This product also has so many other great beneficial uses for your hair such as protecting against uv damage, breakage and keeping moisture locked in. 

Once i have applied the oil i will brush my hair out, freeing it of any knots etc and i will only ever use a tangle teezer to do this, as it is the only brush that will glide through my wet hair effortlessly. For a while i was just finishing this step off and then leaving to dry naturally over night but i was finding it was so taking so much longer to get straight in the morning. 

Before i start blow drying my hair, i always section it into four sections two at the top and two at the bottom. Doing this makes it so much easier to manage which section you have dried/drying and keeps everything else out of the way. These particular clips have always been my favourite type, as i have a lot of hair these style stay where i have placed them and they don't fall out.

I have tried a lot of blow dry brushes over the years and i have never found one that i really loved, until i discovered this one randomly. This brush glides through my hair effortlessly whilst blow drying it straight, keeping it frizz free and drying it twice as fast. Since i have been using this brush, it has split the time i have to spend straightening my hair in half if not more.

I have used hair dryers from Mark Hill for so many years now, as they are such reliable hair dryers that last for so long and they are pretty affordable at around the £30 mark. I very rarely use any attachment that comes for the hair dryer but if i do, i always opt for the one shown in the image. This is the last step i do for the time being, as i wash/blow dry my hair in the evenings and style it in the morning. 


In the mornings i always do my makeup before i tackle my hair but when i do begin to style my hair, i always start by adding a small amount of dry shampoo to the roots of my hair just for some lift and i am obsessed over the scent of the new rose gold one from Batiste. 

I have used this particular heat protection for a while now, as it is just the one that works for me the best and i am obsessed with its almost coconut-y scent. If you are using a straightener or curling iron on your hair, i can't stress enough always use a protecting spray. The thing i love about this particular one is that it helps to lock in the straightness in your hair for longer, in the long run allowing you to use less heat on your hair. 

When it comes down to using these two products, i use them in the same way as i did for the blow drying process. Brushing the dry shampoo through/any knots with the tangle teezer and then sectioning my hair into four with the clips just as i did for the blow drying stage.

I am a creature of habit when it comes to what straightener i use and i have always had GHD's, i just love how quick they warm up, the way they straighten your hair effortlessly and don't break/split your hair in any way. A pair of these straighteners lasts me years so even though they might be a slightly more expensive hair tool, they definitely pay for themselves with how much use you get out of them. 

So once i have finished straightening my hair, i always apply some of this finishing spray to the ends/length of my hair. This product is basically like a perfume for your hair, whilst adding even more shine (from the infused oils) for that sleek straight look.

Finally i always like to finish off with a tiny amount of hair spray, just to tame any fly away hairs that might be there and this particular one from l'oreal is a firm favourite of mine. Also if you are looking for a great hairspray that will lock/make your curls or waves last longer, then i highly recommend this particular one as it does the job without looking/feeling sticky at all.

No comments:

Post a Comment