Friday 26 January 2018

MY GO-TO HAIR PRODUCTS FOR SLEEK STRAIGHT HAIR | 2018

Hello everyone! For the past couple of months i have noticed that my current hair-care routine/product combination seems to be working in my favour, when it comes to achieving and maintaining sleek straight hair (as i naturally have frizzy/wavy hair). With that in mind and seeing has it has been about a year since i last did a hair routine post, i thought it was about time for an updated post.


So i first started using this shampoo/conditioner duo back in the summer time and i must admit i have switched up my shampoo from time to time, but i just keep going back to this combination as it works so well for my hair. As my hair type is frizzy/wavy it tends to get dry quite quickly so i often need all the help i can get for keeping both situations under control. Check out my first impression/review post on the Garnier Ultimate Blends shampoo and conditioner here. Whilst on the subject of shampoo i do only wash my hair between 2-3 times a week, as i find by not over washing it your hair benefits for it in the long run and looks healthier for longer.

2. l'Oréal professionel mythic oil masque
Every once in a while i like to go in with a hair masque or treatment, just to really nourish my hair and give it an extra shine. What i will do is apply to the ends of my hair, leave it in for about an hour before rinsing in the shower and then going in with my shampoo duo. By doing a hair masque every now and again can also simply cheer you up, by making you feel a little pampered. This particular one is a favourite of mine, as it really works well for my hair and out of every hair masque i have tried this one definitely has that "salon" quality finish to it.

This product has been a hair saviour for me for so many years now, as it is truly that one product that will always protect and control the frizz. Just by adding a small amount of this and running it through the ends of my hair once towel dried, helps keep my hair soft yet manageable as well as protecting my hair against UV damage. Even though this product is an oil it doesn't leave your hair feeling full of product or "greasy" looking in the slightest, hence why it is always best to only apply leave-in products and conditioners to the lengths of your hair and not the root. The only thing i ever apply to my roots is shampoo or dry-shampoo on a non-hair washing day.

This is actually a new product that i have been reaching for this month and one that i am really enjoying using, as i have noticed an instant change in my hair and it looks so much more healthy and has literally reduced the appearance of any hair breakage. Just like the argan oil i also apply a small amount of this to the ends of my hair before blow drying, which is where a lot of damage can come from not only from the heat but also from any breakage hair brushes can cause.

Protecting your hair from heat is such an important step to keeping your hair looking and feeling healthy, as heat can be the worst thing when it comes to hair damage. This is a step i never skip before either straightening or curling my hair, at the moment this is my go-to heat protection spray as i picked it up whilst Ultimate Blends products were on offer for 3 for 2. I also figure that if oat milk tastes amazing in coffee then surely it is going to be good for your hair right? I also find ever since using this/the other combination of products together, my hair stays straighter for longer and i don't have to use as much heat on it as i would of had to before.

6. mark hill miracOILous nourishing hairspray
The final step to my sleek straight hair is always a small amount of hairspray, just to help tame any fly away hairs as well as adding more of a shine. I used to be super fussy with my hairspray but now i just tend to pick up which ever is on offer at the time, that being said this particular one from Mark Hill is a favourite of mine because it always tends to give a better finish to the hair and it doesn't leave any crunch/crisp to the hair like some brands of hairsprays can yet it still does the job.

the hair tools i use for blow-drying + straightening my hair:
tangle teezer original pink fizz | ghd air hairdryer set | tangle teezer blow styling smoothing tool half paddle | ghd pink blush platinum styler |

xo.


No comments:

Post a Comment