Friday 8 December 2017

QUICK ALMOST "NO MAKEUP, MAKEUP" FOR DECEMBER

Hello everyone! So at the beginning of November i shared with you all an everyday autumn speedy makeup post, which explained how i do a put together look in around 20 minutes or so. Keeping that in mind and taking into consideration how busy we all tend to be during December and not to mention how we love to sleep in longer in the mornings, lets face it when the alarm goes off it still looks like night-time outside. That being said this month i have been loving going for the whole "no makeup, makeup" look and keeping things simple.


So once all of my skincare routine is complete, i go straight in with a base for my makeup and for that i love to use some form of strobe cream, as it not only preps the skin but also moisturises and gives the appearance of a healthy glow. I first mentioned this particular strobing liquid in my recent five affordable november favourites post, where i went into full detail about the different ways to use this product.

I used to reach for this particular foundation a lot last year/the beginning of this year and then i ran out and forgot to repurchase it. That being said during Black Friday i decided to pick one up again and i honestly forgot how much i loved this foundation/concealer duo, it has amazing coverage, is light-weight and long wearing, not to mention quick/easy to blend out. I always opt for the shade 05 warm beige, as it matches me perfectly.

Once i have gone in with the base, foundation and concealer i will set my face with a light dusting on powder, which to be honest i switch up all the time as i have so many favourites. At the moment i have living for using the Laura Mercier powder again, as it is just flawless looking on the skin and is totally worth the huge mess i tend to make using it. Please tell me i am not the only one that tends to get loose powder everywhere?

Next up i will go ahead and fill in my brows lightly, as at this moment in time i am so happy with how full my brows are looking (thanks to the Benefit brow conditioning primer). I really like this pencil as it is easy to use, matches the colour of my brows perfectly and is a complete dupe for the Anastasia Beverly Hills brow definer, which would cost you almost £20 more than this one. 


For eyes i will keep things super simple and just curl my lashes and then go in with mascara. This KIKO mascara as you might already know is such a favourite of mine, but even more so on those quick makeup days as you can get the desired long-lash effect instantly and effortlessly. 

I had my eye on this highlighter for the longest time (which i will explain in more detail in a post coming soon), but long story short i will never ever skip on highlighter and i am really loving this one at the moment, it is simply beautiful. I just apply a little to the highest points of my cheeks, tip of my nose and cupids bow for a natural yet healthy looking glow.

Final step for the face and that is to add some colour and shape back into the face, no surprise that this is the bronzer i am still reaching for and if you have been reading my posts for some time, then you will know i just can't put this one from bareMinerals down. The formula/colour of this bronzer is honestly flawless and like nothing i have ever used before.

mac cosmetics stripdown lip liner peachstock lipstick
Finally to complete the look we can't forget a good nude lip combo and this is my lip of choice this month so far. I love how the two lip products look together, as it creates the most perfect slightly brown/autumnal beige peachy nude lip. That being said some days i will switch the lip combination up but it will more than likely be a nude ha ha!

Catch up on this weeks instalments...
christmas baking #1: chocolate holly cupcakes
winter wonderland: christmas market 2017
christmas homeware picks from h&m + m&s

xo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment