Monday 3 July 2017

SUMMER HAIR: GARNIER ULTIMATE BLENDS COCONUT WATER

Hello everyone! In my previous post beauty & random favourites: june, i mentioned how i had been loving a combination of products including a de-tangle spray from Lee Stafford, which was included in that post and a particular shampoo and conditioner. That particular duo is from the Ultimate Blends range by Garnier and is something i have been reaching for non-stop in the shower every single time i wash my hair.


Now that we are into the summer months i always need serious help when it comes to keeping the frizz at bay and my hair looking/feeling hydrated, as my hair type is dry. So with that in mind i always find that either Argan Oil or Coconut based products are the way to go, when it comes to doing just so. I had mentioned in a couple of posts tropical trends for summer and best of beauty: coconut that i had been reaching for the ogx weightless hydration coconut water shampoo & conditioner, but when i was all out and went to purchase some more this one from Garnier caught my eye. The Garnier Ultimate Blends Coconut Water and Aloe Vera shampoo/conditioner, claims to quench your hairs thirst when feeling dry/dehydrated in a freshly scented way to leave your hair feeling soft, smooth and full of shine. The claims/benefits of this particular blend of shampoo and conditioner, are super similar to the OGX coconut water duo but there are a few things that have made me like this Ultimate Blends formula more, such as the price and over-all effect of the product. The comparison of the two products is the OGX coconut water shampoo/conditioner retails for £6.99 each for 385ml and the Ultimate Blends coconut and aloe vera shampoo/conditioner retails for £2.50 offer price (usually £4.99) each for 400ml.


I have been using this shampoo for around two weeks now and usually i have to wash my hair every two day (three times a week), because my hair is dark it tends to look greasier quicker than a lighter hair colour would and the day after washing it i would need to reach for a hefty amount of dry shampoo. Since using this shampoo/conditioner duo my hair stays fresher looking longer and on that second day i don't even need to use dry shampoo, which hasn't happened in a long time. My hair is super shiny, full of moisture but not weighed down, soft, frizz free and i have also found it is a lot easier to style once dry also. How i like to use the products is firstly when in the shower i go in with the conditioner first, i only concentrate this on the ends/length of my hair and i leave that in my hair whilst i go about doing all of my other shower things. Once i have done that i rinse out the conditioner before going in with the shampoo, then rinsing again until all of the product is out. 

Shop the ultimate blends range here.

No comments:

Post a Comment