Monday 19 March 2018

EVERYDAY GO-TO SPRING-ISH MAKEUP

Hello everyone! If you read my recent affordable makeup up | march lust list post, then you will probably remember me mentioning how obsessed i am with drugstore/affordable makeup at the moment (one product in-particular). With that in mind for today's post i thought i would give you an updated version of my everyday makeup products, which actually includes a bunch of different affordable makeup products that i can't seem to put down and that are perfect for this up-coming spring...


Kicking things off with my foundation of choice at the moment, which i happened to do a first impression/review post on recently. I mentioned in the review post how i honestly never thought i would end up liking this foundation, but i can't seem to put it down and i love every single thing about it. This foundation is perfect for the spring as it leaves you with the most beautiful yet natural dewy finish, that lasts all day long.

Sticking with the same product but in a couple of different shades, i have been really loving doing the whole "Kim K" thing using the sticks to contour and highlight also. First i go in with the shade F6 to highlight as it is lighter than the foundation shade, which i will place a small amount under my eyes, down the bridge of my nose and chin. Then i will take the shade F12, which is obviously a deeper shade perfect for contouring the face and i will apply that to my cheek bones, jaw, sides of my nose and forehead before blending it all.

Next up i set everywhere i placed the other stick products, starting with the matte shade in the invisible light duo to set the highlighted areas and then i go in with the invisible bronze bronzer in the shade medium to set/warm up my face where i placed the contoured areas. I am completely obsessed with using these two bareMinerals products at the moment, as they do everything i want them two and look super flawless/freshly applied all day long without needing touch-ups, which a lot of the time you need to do during the day. 

Last of all for the base and probably my favourite part, yes you guessed it highlighter time and to be honest i do switch this bit up more than anything else simply because i have so many different ones that i am obsessed with. That being said just recently i have been reaching for this Gilded Honey highlighter quite a lot, as it is the most beautiful/stunning gold shade perfect for adding a spring glow like finish to the skin.


For brows i am currently back to using my dipbrow to fill in my brows, as i dropped and broke my new favourite brow pencil from Primark. To top it off the Primark near me hasn't had my shade, so i need to pick one up from a different one and hopefully they have it. To set my brows i am still using my pro longwear brow set in the shade brown/ebony, i love how the small brush is the perfect size to brush through your brows to set.

When it comes to eyes recently i have been all about keeping things simple and i have actually ditched any form of eyeliner, whether that be winged liner or in my water line. So to keep things simple all i do is apply either a little of my bronzer blended through the crease or a warm neutral shadow shade, such as the shade outdoorsy from the Dose of Colors Baked Browns palette or the shade sauced from the Urban Decay Naked Heat palette. Then for mascara on both my top and bottom lashes, i have been reaching for an recently re-purchased old favourite by L'Oréal. I love how quickly you can achieve a voluminous false lash super black lash with this mascara, which is also clump free! When it comes to drugstore/affordable mascaras you really can't go wrong with either L'Oréal or Maybelline mascaras.

Finally for lips i have actually switched things up slightly and when i say slightly i mean i have swapped the beige/brown toned nudes for a more pinky nude shade of lipstick. I think this Rimmel Kate Moss lipstick is perfect for spring time, as it adds something a little different. I really like the finish of these lipsticks, as they are pigmented, long-lasting and feel super hydrating on the lips. 

Catch up on my previous post HERE...

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment