Monday 4 March 2019

EVERYDAY GLOW-Y SPRING MAKEUP: DRUGSTORE EDITION

Hello everyone! I mentioned in my previous post about how excited i was for this month, mainly because it is finally going to be spring and hopefully better weather is on its way very soon. With that in mind as well as preparing my wardrobe for spring, i also wanted to give my everyday makeup a switch up too. I had touched on it in a previous post how i had been on makeup buying ban, as i really didn't need anymore makeup but i did want to add a few new things just to switch things up. So i ended up placing an order on Superdrug to try some new drugstore pieces and i have ended up loving how my everyday makeup has been looking recently...


1. MUA pro base primer oil | click to buy |
So first up is this primer oil by MUA that i have been using every single day before i apply my makeup since towards the end of January, it is also one of the products that i mentioned in my february must-buys post. I love using facial oil's for hydration before applying my makeup, as i just feel like my makeup applies/lasts so much longer when i do and to say this product is just £4 i feel like it is just as good if not better than some higher end products that i have tried in the past.

2. maybelline dream satin liquid foundation | click to buy |
When i first spotted this foundation on the Superdrug website i was little confused, as i feel like this was a foundation that already existed or have they just re-branded the product? Anyway i decided to pick one up and give it a try, as i love Maybelline foundations, as you will already know if you have read my posts in the past because the Fit Me foundation is my go-to. What i love about this foundation is how much like skin your face still looks once it has been applied, yet it still has really good coverage and it leaves you with this beautiful yet natural radiant look.

3. barry M all night long concealer | click to buy |
I had seen a fair few people talking about this concealer by barry M and i have tried/loved one of their concealers in the past, so naturally i was intrigued to give it a try. The coverage of this concealer for such an affordable price is so good and it ticks all of the boxes, coverage wise, lightweight feeling, long lasting and brightening.

4. MUA luxe bronze & sculpt contour kit | click to buy |
So this product isn't a new-in product to my collection, it is one that i have loved for a while and it is that perfect spring/summer bronze shade, you know the kind that looks perfect with a tan. This product is one of those great travel friendly items to have in your collection as it contains both a bronzer and highlighter but i do generally just reach for the bronzer shade.


5. revolution jewel collection jelly highlighter |click to buy |
Back to something that is newer to my collection and one that i wasn't sure whether i was going to like it or not, but once again i was left feeling shocked at how beautiful it was. This highlighter by Revolution is a jelly like consistency and it isn't the kind of highlighter i would usually opt for, as i am such a powder or cream kind of girl. That being said i love how easy this product was to apply and blend out, leaving my skin glowing yet it still looked super natural and fresh. Once the product is blended in, it actually reminded me of my favourite bareMinerals highlighter and that is a cream to powder highlight.

6. revolution opulence highlight | click to buy |
This particular highlighter is one that i had wanted to try for a while but as i was on a makeup spending ban, i never picked it up. That being said i am so glad i finally did as it is the most beautiful powder highlighter, that the shades can be used individually or all together. Recently i have been reaching for one of the two highlighters, all depending on which one i feel like using that day but what i do love using the lightest shade in this compact to highlight my inner corner of my eyes with.

7. revolution pro microblading precision brow pencil | click to buy |
Is is just me or does anyone else feel like Revolution are killing the drugstore makeup game once again? I been obsessing over this brow pencil, which is so strange as i am such a pomade girl but i must admit i love how this leaves my brows looking. As the product suggests you can be super precise with this pencil with your brows, so much so it actually reminds me of the Benefit precisely by brow pencil but super affordable of course.

8. MUA amplify statement lash mascara | click to buy |
The only product that i haven't switched up is my mascara as i am still really enjoying using this one, which is by MUA once again.  I love how this mascara separates your lashes, leaving them looking full, long and clump free. For everyday makeup looks, i will just apply mascara to my top lashes only as i actually prefer the way that looks now.

9. maybelline color sensational creamy mattes lipstick | click to buy |
Finally for lips i love this Maybelline matte lipstick shade for spring, as it is the most beautiful light peachy-pink beige shade that is perfect for everyday wear. This is a matte finish lipstick but it isn't overly drying that some matte bullet lipstick can be, but if you do want to add a little gloss you can do easily as it goes with pretty much any gloss.

Catch up on my previous post: here

xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment